• Mix the sugar with the water and dissolve it. if there are impurities than strain the sugar solution. keep the sugar solution on fire and on a low flame cook the solution.
• The solution will start to thicken and continue to cook till you get the one thread consistency in the sugar solution. this takes some minutes. this is a very hot solution, so when checking for one thread consistency, cool the solution in a spoon and then check.
• Switch off the flame and add the desiccated coconut and cardamom powder to the sugar solution.
• Be quick enough to stir the whole mixture well.
• Make small balls from the mixture. if the heat is too much too handle, wait for a few seconds till you are comfortable in making the ladoos. the mixture should be hot or more warm while making the ladoos. If the mixture become cold, then making the ladoos is impossible. in this case, return the pan or bowl on the fire and slightly warm the mixture and continue to make the ladoos.
• Make all ladoos this way.
• Serve the coconut ladoos as naivedyam or bhog to lord ganesha.
Coconut ladoos - melt in the mouth ladoos made with desiccated coconut.